It damage to the body tissues result from extreme heat or extreme cold.They lead to similar injuries, even though the cause is different.
Burns are caused by a number of ways, such as:
- Dry Heat.
- Flame or Radiation.
- Corrosive Chemicals.
- Wet Heat (Scalds).
- Hot liquids.
- Sun rays.
- Extreme Cold.
- Remove the cause from the patient, or remove the patient from the cause.
- Reduce the spread of heat in the tissue by placing the injured part under slowly running cold tap water.
- Only remove clothing that is affected and not adhering to the injury.
- Remove any rings, jewelry, boats or shoes from the injured area in case swelling occur.
- Lightly cover the jury with a sterile dressing.
- Treat sock.
- Apply lotions, oils or creams.
- Prick or burst any blisters.
- Give water to an unconscious patient.