Dr. Helal Al Sayer – Chairman of Board of Directors
Born in Kuwait on 15 September 1943 and graduated from the FACULTY of Medicine at Cairo University in 1971.
Dr. Hilal has been awarded numerous medical certificates and diplomas in the field of general surgery including, in particular:
- T.R.A.B London 1975
- F.R.C.S Edinburgh 1978
- Ch.M Aberdeen University 1983
- F.R.C.S Glasgow (Hon) 1988
- FACS (American College of Surgeons) 2001
The principal official posts held by Dr. Hilal include:
- 2013 to present: Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Dasman Diabetes Institute
- 2011-2012: Kuwaiti Minister of Health
- 2002: Member of the Board of Directors of the Kuwait Red Crescent Society
- 2003-2014: Vice-Chairman of the Board of the Kuwait Red Crescent Society
- 2014 to present Chairman of the Board of the Kuwait Red Crescent Society
1989 to present: Founder and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Kuwait Association for the Care of Children in Hospitals (KACCH), which is a non-governmental charitable organization registered with the Ministry of Social Affairs in 2003 and established to help sick children in government hospitals. He also founded the Bayt Abdullah Children’s Hospice (BACCH) which he inaugurated in January 2012 to provide comprehensive palliative CARE for children suffering from cancer, to help their families to deal with the disease-related psychological pressures in hospitals, and to provide home care services. This Hospice, which is run by volunteers and funded by donations from organizations, companies, banks, schools and individuals in Kuwait, is the first of its type in the Middle East and the largest in the world. KACHH currently provides services in six government hospitals in Kuwait.
- 1991-1994: Dean of the FACULTY of Medicine at Kuwait University.
- 1994-1999: Visiting professor at the Surgical Department of Aberdeen University.
- 1998-2006: Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Surgical Department of the FACULTY of Medicine at Kuwait University.
- 1984-2006: Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Surgical Department of the Amiri Hospital in Kuwait.
- 2016 : honorary doctorate in international law from the University of Dundee Scotland.